18 Sep That’s A Wrap For 2020
To All Our 2020 River Rafting Guests,
Thank you for joining Wild Water Adventures on the Kicking Horse River this summer. Based on trip feedback from guests, 2020 was a wildly successful season and we appreciate everyone choosing to share their whitewater adventure with us.
The summer of 2020 was less than typical and presented unique challenges. We do have to say, however, that all our guests rose to the occasion and made it incredibly easy to comply with provincial health regulations. We greatly appreciate how everyone adhered to our protocols while still maintaining both their sense of adventure and sense of humour.
Winter Adventure Ideas
Even with the rafting season wrapped up, there are plenty of opportunities to be adventurous in the great outdoors. Our sister company, Yamnuska Mountain Adventures, based in Canmore, Alberta, offers a wide range of cold-weather activities, such as ice-climbing, backcountry skiing, and avalanche safety courses and trips. As with rafting, no previous experience is required for most activities and ages 10 and older are welcome. This is a fantastic opportunity for families and friends to take their adventurous spirit to new levels!
2021 RAFTING SEASON
- 2021 rafting season kicks off on SATURDAY, MAY 22nd
- For the biggest of the big whitewater action, join us during high-water season (mid-June through mid-July)
- Those who enjoyed the Whitewater Exciter half-day trip can consider the full-length Tradition (for more time on the river followed by a delicious BBQ lunch), or the double-run Maximum Horsepower with paddle rafts
- For those who enjoyed the Gentle Introduction To Whitewater, perhaps try some more invigorating waves and rapids (see above!)
- For a different rafting perspective, join us at different times of the season, as water levels rise and fall; the waves are still a lot of fun on early- and late-season departures
- Bring your friends as group discounts start with a minimum of 8 rafters.
- Optional BBQ lunch upgrade is available for 8:45 AM Whitewater Exciter & Gentle departures
- Afternoon Gentle trips will be offered Sunday, Monday and Thursdays at 1:45 PM
- Private rafts are available for all trips (minimum of 4 guests)
Whitewater Exciter and Tradition: At least 12 years old and 90 pounds
Maximum Horsepower: At least 16 years old and 100 pounds
For questions, queries or reservations, please feel free to call us at 1-888-647-6444. Our off-season office hours, starting in October, will be Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM. We wish everyone a healthy and happy winter and look forward to spending time together on the river again sometime soon.
The Wild Water Crew
Rafting the Kicking Horse River Since 1992
Author: Deborah Wade