05 Jun We Are In This Together: COVID-19 Protocols For All Rafting Guests
THE 2020 RAFTING SEASON ‘KICKS’ OFF ON SATURDAY, JUNE 27TH!
Thank you for your patience. We are so excited to welcome everyone back to the Kicking Horse River, for the best whitewater in the Rockies!
In this time of COVID-19, the river truly is the place to be. With naturally wild landscapes and waterways, who wants to be indoors when there is so much fun to be had outdoors?
At Wild Water Adventures, safety has always been the #1 priority. COVID-19 will not change that in the slightest. Our crew will be in full compliance with provincial health protocols and guidelines.
Guests, as well, will kindly be required to adhere to these new protocols. We are, after all, in this together.
Please be sure to familiarize yourselves with Wild Water Adventures‘ COVID-19 protocols, before arriving at the RiverBase:
- Remain at home if a) feeling unwell or displaying symptoms of COVID-19; b) have been in contact with anyone else who is unwell or displaying symptoms of COVID-19, or c) have returned to Canada in the past 14 days. Guests will be screened before entering the RiverBase.
- Guests will be required to sign a declaration of health and release of liability waiver, as well as agree to contact tracing.
- Kindly provide your own face covering(s), and small ziploc bag, for when a 2-meter distance is not possible with other guests and crew. Face coverings must be worn by all when in the change rooms and travelling by bus between the RiverBase and river (crew included). Cotton bandanas and neck buffs work well.
- Face coverings will not be worn on the rafts due to river safety. While on the river, face coverings will be stored in your own ziploc bag and kept in the pocket of your spray jacket.
- Please have your bathing suit on before arriving at the RiverBase to make changing into rafting gear more efficient. Personal clothing and items not needed on the river will be kept in your own vehicle. A cloth or plastic bag will be useful to keep such belongings organized. Car keys will be locked in a safe at the RiverBase.
- For added warmth and comfort while on the river, we recommend bringing a polar fleece sweater(s) and/or polypropylene layer(s) to wear on top of the wetsuit. Do NOT bring cotton sweatshirts (they are useless when wet, and will only keep you cold).
- Post-trip snacks nor the BBQ lunch, regrettably, will not be available this year. Please fuel up before the trip (i.e. have a hearty breakfast or lunch first!). Hot beverages, however, will be served after the trip, back at the RiverBase. It is a good idea to bring your own water bottles and water supply. Wild Water Adventures will not be able to top up water bottles.
- Guests will handle and touch only the equipment provided directly to them, and not handle equipment provided to other guests. In other words, keep your hands on your own gear!
- Pack along your own hand sanitizer to complement provisions at the RiverBase. Be prepared to regularly clean and sanitize your hands!
- Maintain a 2-meter (6-foot) physical distance at all times from guests who are not part of your cohort family or group.
- Credit and debit payment is preferred for souvenir items and trip photographs purchased at our gift shoppe.
- As always, bring along an adventurous spirit and smile on your face!
A guest not in compliance with any of these protocols, unfortunately, will not be able to raft.
Wild Water Adventures’ Implemented Safety Measures:
- Monitor the health of the crew on a daily basis
- Enforce physical distancing
- Use of PPE where recommended
- Reduce the number of touchpoints and increase cleaning of remaining touchpoints
- Wild Water staff are trained on enhanced cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing procedures
- Guests and staff alike must adhere to Wild Water Adventures‘ policies and procedures
A full list of the company-specific COVID-19 measures will be posted at the Wild Water front desk.
We Can Do This!
As so many people say today, we are in this together. With everyone’s respect and cooperation, we will still be able to have a heck of a lot of fun on the Kicking Horse this summer!
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or queries at 1-888-647-6444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing everyone, soon, on the river.